Tuesday 24 June 2014

Experience system

I've been trying to come up with a experience system to make it easier to hand out experience for each session of my games, and the system should be the same for all games. So I came up with a point system, I started to give 1-5 points in various categories, and had a conversion table. 1 point could be 1 karma in shadowrun, it could be 50 in dark heresy, and maybe 100 in rogue trader.

I used this system for awhile and have refined it a few times, but now, or rather, last week, I refined it again.
This time i made a checklist instead of 1-5 points in a category, so I ask various questions, a yes gives 1 point, a no gives -1 or 0 points, there are questions that give -1, 0 or 1 point depending on what have happened.

here is my current list: http://puu.sh/9HWoq/a5f7627ef7.jpg

so far, the list might give a bit too many points, but instead of balancing this, i'm thinking of reducing the amount of experience in the convertion table, lets say edge of the empire had a 1:5 conversion, it could be reduced to 1:4 or 1:3 depending on if I wanted to keep the group at a certain balance or not, I might even expand it to use a limit, below 350 total exp, they get a conversion of 1:5, then below 700, they get 1:4, all above that is 1:3 points.

then again, these are just ideas for expanding the system, but so far, what I got is pretty solid for most games.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shadows of Esteren: Warlords - Session 3

In this session, a new player joined us, by new, i do mean Catalina , who made a character during the character creation session. In addit...